American Youth Philharmonic Orchestras, Assistant Operations Manager (Part Time)
Posted: August 11, 2017 at 11:23 am
The Assistant Operations Manager supervises the logistical activities of orchestra rehearsals, concerts, and other ensemble activities of the American Youth Philharmonic Orchestras. S/he attends all weekly rehearsals, concerts, and other programmatic activities as assigned such as tours or community concerts. The Assistant Operations Manager assists conductors and musicians with all needs related to operations, facility, and equipment arrangements. Must be available on Monday evenings between 5-10 p.m. for rehearsals and on average one weekend per month for dress rehearsals and concerts.
- Provide operational support and manage set up and break down of facilities and equipment for weekly orchestra rehearsals, dress rehearsals, concerts, and other programmatic activities as specified by the General Manager
- Assure that optimal physical working conditions are maintained during all programmatic activities
- Function as on-site staff liaison to rehearsal/concert venue contacts
- Work directly with and/or supervise hall technical staff to achieve desired stage set up, lighting, etc.
- Function as contact for General Manager, artistic staff, and orchestra personnel managers to facilitate
smooth and efficient operations at all times
- Train and supervise student stage crew to accomplish operational duties at rehearsals and concerts
- Assist the Operations Manager with the storage, care, maintenance, and transportation of percussion
and production equipment
- Maintain stage (or seating) chart for each orchestra for use by personnel managers, artistic staff, and
for production purposes
- Advise the General Manager regarding weekly site situation and overall operational needs; provide
feedback to improve personnel or operations policies for all orchestras
- There are no office hours for this position. Rehearsals and concerts average 5-10 hours per week.
QUALIFICATIONS: The applicant should have a background in stage management or experience in music/performing arts. The applicant must have a valid driver’s license and be able to rent and drive a 16 foot moving truck (for transportation of instruments, production equipment, etc.) and must be able to lift and safely transport heavy equipment.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to General Manager, Jason Spencer at email@example.com.
The American Youth Philharmonic Orchestras is an Equal Opportunity employer. This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screening. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.