Baltimore Center Stage, Finance Manager
Posted: June 7, 2017 at 4:45 pm
Baltimore Center Stage seeks candidates for the position of Finance Manager. The position is responsible for cash management, oversight of payroll and benefits, and accounts payable. The Finance Manager will supervise the Accounts Payable and Payroll and Benefits Specialist, and is a director report to the Director of Finance.
Baltimore Center Stage is one of America’s premier regional theaters. It is an artistically driven institution committed to engaging, educating, and expanding the horizons of diverse audiences through challenging, bold, thought-provoking classical and contemporary theater. Under the leadership of Artistic Director Kwame Kwei-Armah and Managing Director Michael Ross, BCS produces six mainstage shows and a mix of other artistic programs on three stages. We are committed to being an inclusive workplace, and strongly believe in the importance of having a diverse group of individuals represented both onstage and off. Baltimore Center Stage is the State Theater of Maryland.
Primary duties include:
- Cash Management: prepare and record bank deposits, track cash receipts, work with Director of Finance and A/P Specialist on weekly disbursements; maintaining campaign cash flow projection; transfer funds for weekly payroll & benefits; manage concessions cash; sign checks; monthly bank reconciliations; manage daily income reports; maintain petty cash
- Payroll & Benefits: supervise Payroll Specialist; review weekly payroll; prepare weekly payroll journal entry; process benefit enrollments, deletions & changes to providers; review and approve monthly benefit invoices for payment; manage COBRA benefits; new hire orientations; process Unemployment claims; process Pension fund payouts/rollovers and related tax deposits; report workers comp claims to carrier & maintain OSHA log
- Accounts Payable: supervise A/P Specialist; review weekly AP check runs; back-up for accounts payable; back up for positive pay procedures; prepare weekly royalty payments per contract terms; prepare monthly sales tax return and payment
- General Ledger: monthly journal entry for benefits, investments, payroll; monthly balance sheet reconciliations; FUND/FAS reconciliations; assist Director of Finance with monthly budget analysis; month-end and year-end closes
- Reporting: annual health surveys; annual Industry Surveys; grant reporting; quarterly payroll tax reporting; review W-2 & 1099 reporting; annual pension reporting; workers comp reporting
- Other: assist department heads with budgets; assist Director of Finance with monthly forecasts & budgets; assist in the annual financial audit; support with board committee meetings
4 year Accounting degree; 5+ years of experience, preferably in nonprofit setting; advanced knowledge of Excel; knowledge of Abila/MIP a plus; detail oriented; analytical; strong organizational skills
Start Date: Immediate
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Finance Manager in the subject line.