Center for the Arts (GMU), Marketing & Communications Fall Internship
Posted: June 12, 2017 at 10:25 am
The College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA) at George Mason University is seeking 1-2 qualified interns for Fall 2017. This position will work with Center for the Arts (CFA) marketing staff to promote 2017-18 events and performances. This internship focuses on marketing efforts targeting the most likely audiences for each fall Great Performances at Mason event, using grassroots methods and digital marketing initiatives such as Google adwords and social media posts. Other projects and tasks may involve marketing and public relations projects, as well as support for the Hylton Performing Arts Center and the academic units of CVPA within George Mason University, including proofreading and editing copy and press releases, archival duties, and marketing material distribution.
Internship(s) will begin in early September. 12-15 hours/week minimum preferred. Scheduling is somewhat flexible. Internship(s) is unpaid.
· Ability to independently manage a time-sensitive project
· Familiarity with MS Office applications (Mac experience is a plus)
· Strong editing/proofreading skills
· Familiarity with social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
· Familiarity with and/or experience with paid search marketing ads
*Please submit cover letter and resume to Camille C. Devlin at email@example.com.*