Mount Vernon, Development Assistant
Posted: May 25, 2017 at 11:19 am
The Development Assistant is the primary staff member responsible for gift processing, acknowledgments, and financial reconciliation.
- Performs and oversees data entry for all gift processing.
- Data entry of all event responses.
- Closes and posts all development gift entry batches.
- Runs daily reports and reconciles records as necessary.
- Assists with audit information.
- Works in conjunction with other Departments.
- Prepares all acknowledgements.
- Oversees the acknowledgement of all direct mail and membership donations.
Constituent Database Updates
- Updates constituent records as needed.
- Maintains currency of records for leadership volunteer groups.
- Conducts weekly data entry quality control checks.
- Coordinates and aids volunteers that perform data cleanup including merging duplicate accounts.
- Prepares monthly giving reports.
- Provides back-up phone coverage for the main Development phone line.
- Provides on-site support for events and programs as needed by the Department, which typically occur on the weekends or in the evenings.
- Other duties as assigned.
A minimum of 1 year of professional experience, preferably in a development setting.
Bachelor’s degree required.
An interest in the mission of George Washington’s Mount Vernon with eagerness to learn more and share its importance with others.
Strong attention to detail, especially in data processing.
Ethical fundraiser standards and practices.
Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite, Tessitura CRM.
Excellent Communication skills both verbal and written.