Applications are considered on an ongoing basis.
Students in the Master’s in Arts Management program come from many backgrounds, but all share a passion for the arts and a desire to work in an artistic setting. Diversity among applicants is anticipated and sought, and candidates are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Work experience is strongly preferred. Many students come from the arts, with experience and training in music, film, dance, theater, visual and technical arts. Professionals and non-traditional students looking to transition into the arts industry also make up a key component our program’s student body. In Mason’s Arts Management program, no matter your background, students will add practical skills of marketing, finance, strategy, fundraising, entrepreneurship, and management to their repertoire.
To receive priority consideration for scholarships and funding, submit your application by:
- Fall semester: February 15
- Spring semester: October 15
Contact CVPA Graduate Admissions if you have questions or need more information.
Submit Supporting Materials
Upload all supporting materials with your online application; the Graduate Admissions website provides information about this process and FAQs.
Applicants must provide:
- Undergraduate transcripts: Potential students must have completed an undergraduate degree and have held a GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- Letters of recommendation: Provide two letters of recommendation from faculty members or individuals who have first-hand knowledge of your academic or professional capabilities.
- Statement of purpose: Provide a statement of your intention and goals that specifically address what you anticipate doing with your degree. Statement should be two pages, single spaced, 12 size font, pdf format.
- Personal interview: Applicants might be asked to interview with at least one member of the program faculty or admissions committee. The Arts Management office will arrange for an interview, if applicable.
- Résumé: 2 years of work experience is strongly preferred.
- Additional criteria: This program does not require a GRE score for admission.
International students have additional requirements for admission. It is important that you visit the Office of Graduate Admissions website to review those requirements.
For questions about the application process, email CVPA Graduate Admissions.
Mason does offer the option to pursue coursework as a non-degree seeking graduate student. A limited amount of non-degree coursework (12 credits) can be applied to your MA, if you're accepted as a degree-seeking candidate later.