American Youth Philharmonic Orchestras, Assistant General Manager
Posted: October 3, 2017 at 4:35 pm
DESCRIPTION: Assists the General Manager with the operations and administration of the orchestra program: five orchestras, percussion ensemble, harp ensemble, flute ensemble and clarinet ensemble. Oversees the planning and execution of the Music Buddies Mentorship Program and Summer String Academy. Serves as principal point of contact for auditions, including communication with applicants, scheduling, and processing of results. Assists in management of the music library. Serves as liaison with parent volunteers and booster representatives.
- Assist as needed with rehearsals and concerts, including planned rotation of on-site Monday night rehearsal duty
- Manage front of house for concerts, including box office, volunteer ushers, and receptions
MUSIC BUDDIES/SUMMER STRING ACADEMY
- Recruit/organize students and mentors
- Serve as point of contact for students and parents regarding weekly announcements and schedules
- Secure rehearsal/concert venues and oversee logistics for rehearsals, concerts and outreach events
- Serve as principal point of contact for applicants, including responding to inquiries, scheduling auditions, and processing results
- Update and maintain audition application and supporting materials
- Oversee the preparation and distribution of music for the orchestras
- Supervise library volunteers and interns
- Arrange for rental or purchase of all required music, in consultation with the Assistant Executive Director
MARKETING AND OUTREACH
- Create and update media kit, including procurement of advertisements from local businesses and universities
- Generate and maintain advertising income and expenses
QUALIFICATIONS: The applicant should possess a bachelor’s degree, with experience in the performing arts preferred. A background in music is highly recommended. The ideal candidate will be creative, energetic, collaborative, and will interact well with the general public. The applicant should have excellent verbal communication skills and proficient writing/editing skills to compose and/or edit public correspondence. S/he must be self-motivated and be able to manage multiple priorities. The ideal candidate will have proficient computer skills and be able to learn new software quickly.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Applicant must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with Salesforce and Squarespace is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY: Send a cover letter, resume and list of three references to Jason Spencer at email@example.com
The American Youth Philharmonic Orchestras is an Equal Opportunity employer. This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screening. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.