Arena Stage, Marketing and Media Relations Fellowship
Posted: May 16, 2016 at 2:46 pm, Last Updated: May 16, 2016 at 2:49 pm
Arena Stage is searching for a diverse candidates to apply for our Marketing and Media Relations Fellowship positions. The goal of Arena Stage’s fellowship and internship program is to cultivate the next generation of theater professionals by providing the highest standard of training through immersion in the art and business of producing theater. Successful candidates for both programs are highly motivated individuals who have arts-related experience and training, as well as a passion for the exploration of the human condition through the dramatic forms. All fellowship and internship programs are also supplemented with the following:
* Mentorship from a senior staff member
* Professional development workshops
* Monthly meetings with directors, designers and senior staff administrators who provide insight into the overall management of the theater
Arena Stage provides a weekly stipend ($300) for all internships and fellowships. We are unable to provide housing.
The application and more information can be found here.
· Marketing – Assist with the planning and implementation of marketing strategies and creative audience-building initiatives; Assist with the writing, proofing and creation of advertisements, marketing collateral, online copy; assist with photo and video shoots; provide administrative support; reporting, analysis of data, social media support. Candidate should have excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, experience with Microsoft Office and the willingness to manage multiple projects independently.
· Media Relations – An integral part of the communications department, focused on supporting the publicity efforts surrounding Arena Stage’s programming, institutional projects and leadership in a way that is consistent with the theater’s mission. Responsibilities include monitoring and tracking daily news coverage; scheduling tickets for journalists covering shows; compiling press kits as needed; responding to photo requests from media outlets; assists with updating Arena Stage’s online press room, including photos, releases and relevant news coverage; managing the electronic distribution of press releases and media invites; drafting and editing press releases; assisting in facilitating media interviews with Arena Stage artists and leaders; and additional assignments related to developing and implementing Arena Stage communications strategies. Candidate should have excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, experience with Microsoft Office and the willingness to manage multiple projects independently.