Baltimore Center Stage, Accounts Payable/Payroll Specialist
Posted: June 7, 2017 at 4:43 pm
Baltimore Center Stage seeks candidates for the position of Accounts Payable & Payroll Specialist. The position is responsible for processing weekly payroll, preparing weekly Actors Equity reports, processing invoices for payment in weekly check runs, maintain vendor files and IRS forms, weekly and monthly journal entries for income, cash, and reposts as well as reconciling selected general ledger accounts. A more detailed list below of responsibilities is below. The Account Payable & Payroll Specialist is a direct report to the Finance Manager.
Baltimore Center Stage is one of America’s premier regional theaters. It is an artistically driven institution committed to engaging, educating, and expanding the horizons of diverse audiences through challenging, bold, thought-provoking classical and contemporary theater. Under the leadership of Artistic Director Kwame Kwei-Armah and Managing Director Michael Ross, BCS produces six mainstage shows and a mix of other artistic programs on three stages. We are committed to being an inclusive workplace, and strongly believe in the importance of having a diverse group of individuals represented both onstage and off. Baltimore Center Stage is the State Theater of Maryland.
Primary duties include:
- Payroll & Benefits: process weekly payroll; enter employee changes; enter new employees; distribute paychecks; enter weekly payroll JE; provide OH/OT report to Production Manager; prepare weekly Equity Reports; process year-end adjustments per Federal requirements; assist Finance Manager with benefits enrollments and where needed
- Accounts Payable: process invoices for payment; prepare weekly check runs; manage Positive Pay files and exception notifications; maintain vendor files and IRS forms & credit apps; assist Finance Manager with weekly cash flow; obtain COI from vendors when needed; manage employee credit cards and department coding & documentation
- General Ledger: input weekly/monthly journal entries-income, cash, reposts; reconcile some general ledger accounts
- Reporting: distribute weekly Production Report to Production Manager; distribute monthly Department Head reports; 1099 reporting
- Other: monitor and order office supplies; monitor and replenish postage meter; new hire business orientations; provide administrative support for board committee meetings
Associate or Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred; 2+ years of experience processing AP & payroll; accounting experience, working knowledge of Excel; knowledge of Abila/MIP a plus; detail oriented, analytical; strong organizational skills
Start Date: Immediate
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put AP and Payroll Specialist in the subject line.