Mason strives to provide its students with co-curricular opportunities that prepare them for their post-graduate career.
- Arts in the Real World Internship and Career Fair
- Site visits and networking events hosted by the Graduate Arts Management Society
- Professional development events and workshops
- Resume reviews
- Weekly job and internship announcements
We are pleased to announce our new professional development in the arts series, Making Connections: Transforming Arts Leadership.
This series will feature events tailored to alumni, current students, and emerging professionals in the arts. The Making Connections: Transforming Arts Leadership series will include sessions with leaders in the cultural sector, offer networking opportunities to emerging and mid-career arts managers, and serve to strengthen the connection between alumni and the Mason arts management community.
Nina Simon, leader of the participatory museum movement, was the first featured guest in our Making Connections: Transforming Arts Leadership series. This two-part event featured a free workshop followed by a networking session for Mason Arts Management alumni, students, and faculty.
Previous Guest Speakers
- Nina Simon,Executive Director of the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History and author of The Participatory Museum.
- Doug Borwick, Author of Engaging Communities, Not Audiences: The Future of the Arts in the U.S.