Education Coordinator, Tobin Center for the Performing Arts — San Antonio, TX
Posted: January 22, 2015 at 1:20 pm
Education Coordinator – Tobin Center for the Performing Arts
Under the general supervision of the Vice President of Development, the education coordinator will be responsible for researching, planning and implementing arts education programs in partnership with local schools and community organizations. The position will be expected to maintain and grow relationships with community groups and existing education partners while seeking out opportunities to reach new audiences.
- Research (locally and nationally) and craft an education plan for The Tobin Center in keeping with the Tobin Center Education Mission to inspire, enrich, and educate the youth of the region by providing access to world-class arts experiences for everyone.
- Implement the education plan of engagement opportunities for schools, families and community organizations.
- Coordinate and/or assist with established programs including:
- Tobin Kids Fund – supports Tobin outreach events and provides free or low-cost tickets for new audiences at Tobin presented performances.
- Children’s Fine Arts Series – resident company and presenting partner of The Tobin Center providing school performances, ticket and bus scholarships, and workshops.
- Launch new programs including:
- Partnership programs that allow schools and community organizations to link with Tobin presented performances.
- Innovative programs unique to San Antonio and our region that fill a void in arts education.
- Work in partnership with the Development Department to identify prospects and craft/submit proposals for education program support.
- Provide exceptional customer service to educators, administrators, artists, parents, students and other community members.
- Track and analyze attendance, survey data and other programmatic data to identify strategies for improvement, growth, and for use in grant writing and fundraising efforts.
- Prepare and oversee appropriate support and marketing materials as needed.
- Prepare data and narrative for grant and stewardship reports.
- Attend various administrative meetings.
- Prepare various routine and special reports as necessary.
- Assist in maintaining and meeting education department budgetary goals.
- Serve as on-duty staff member at selected events.
- Some weekend and evening hours required.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, communications, fine arts or related field. Minimum of three years related experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to coordinate various efforts with multiple parties.
- Effective project and event management skills.
- Ability to apply critical thought to projects.
- Experience working with schools and/or children’s programs.
- Knowledge of the performing arts preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
Please email resumes to LuAnn Stidham at email@example.com or mail to:
115 Auditorium Circle
San Antonio, TX 78205
To view original job posting, click here.
Visit the website for the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts: https://www.tobincenter.org/