Executive Assistant to the President, World Affairs Council of Washington D.C.
Posted: September 23, 2015 at 3:33 pm
Working under the supervision of the President, the Executive Assistant oversees and manages all office administration, assisting in fundraising records and planning, coordinating with the Board of Directors and a focus on financial procedures, and other tasks as assigned by the President.
* Serve as the primary point of contact for the Board of Directors, sponsors, and partners
* Assist President and Board in fundraising research, communication, and event management
* Event management of flagship A-level programs including the World Affairs – HONORS: Global Education Gala, Corporation of the Year, and additional fundraising programs. Work with President and CEO and the Board of Directors on drafting, researching, and securing speakers.
* Manage fundraising activities in association with the President and CEO to create additional income, research prospects, and coordinate with senior executives from sponsor corporations.
* Prepare and maintain materials for Board of Director and vendors meetings
* Oversee all aspects of general office coordination including: Schedule meetings with potential and current board members, sponsors, and partner, over sight over program pipeline, maintaining inventory of office equipment, maintaining lists of all accounts and files with outside organizations, scheduling meetings, maintaining all e-mail services
* Attend Board and committee meetings as requested in order to record, and prepare for distribution, meeting minutes
* Work with the President and CEO on governance documents and organization procedures.
* Liaise directly with external accountant to ensure all WAC-DC accounts are in order and serve as primary point of contact for all of the organization’s vendors
* Assist in drafting FY budgets in coordination with the President and CEO and the Treasurer
* Maintain detailing financial reports of major fundraising programs for presentation to the Board of Directors.
* Process and keep records of all monthly financial statements, invoices, bills, accounts payable in a timely manner; act as primary point of contact with vendors
* Formulate strategies to create additional income
* Keep records and maintain all sfundraising activity, responses, and contacts
* Prepare, review and maintain WAC-DC Budget under President’s request
* Manage and monitor all WAC-DC expenditures through the organization’s checking account and credit card accounts; maintain petty cash register
* Manage and monitor all WAC-DC income from donors, event registration, and all other sales by processing and documenting all remittances
* Prepare files with external accountant for annual audit