Israel Institute, Associate Director of Arts Programs
Posted: February 28, 2018 at 12:14 pm
The Israel Institute is looking to hire an associate director of arts programs.
The associate director of arts programs will have responsibility for our Visiting Artist program that identifies and places Israeli artists in a variety of disciplines at universities in the United States to teach courses in their area of expertise. For program information: https://www.israelinstitute.org/programs/visiting-israeli-artists
The associate director will serve under the program director and be responsible for:
· Identifying, recruiting, vetting, and coaching Israeli artists for living in and teaching in universities in the United Sates;
· Finding relevant flagship American host university departments willing to run the courses taught by these artists;
· Successfully placing artists at universities;
· Negotiating contracts that ensure courses have strong course enrollment, and
· Other duties as assigned to support the mission of the Institute.
The ideal candidate will have an extensive background in the arts in Israel and higher education in the United States and speak and write Hebrew and English fluently. We seek a candidate who is a self-motivated, creative dealmaker. The precise location of the position is open to discussion. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. The Israel Institute offers a full range of retirement, healthcare, and other benefits.
If you are interested in the position, send a CV and a detailed letter of interest to Kerren Marcus, email@example.com, with the subject “Associate Director Art Programs Application.” Review of applications will begin on March 15.
The Israel Institute is an independent, nonpartisan and non-advocacy 501(c)(3) organization that advances teaching, research, and discourse about modern Israel in partnership with leading academic, research, and cultural institutions.