National Arts Strategies, Operations Manager
Posted: December 18, 2017 at 3:13 pm
NAS is looking for an Operations Manager, our superhero for improving and maintaining the operational systems and processes that help us run our organization like a well-oiled machine. You, the applicant, understand how technology, information management structures and relationship management can be improved in our organization– and make recommendations on how to use these in a more effective manner.
We are a small, highly collaborative organization. This position reports to the President & CEO. The Operations Manager is an integral part of our team, chipping in to provide effective systems and policies that lead us towards successful program delivery and mission achievement.
This position is phenomenal for someone who:
- Loves using tools like software and databases to streamline and organize procedures and information
- Regularly uses project timelines to build efficiency and effectiveness
- Thinks like a planner and can add that perspective to a program design team
- Is fastidious about tracking deadlines, contact information and progress towards a goal
- Knows the importance of consistency and delivering on promises in maintaining healthy partnerships
- Develop and manage budgets related to operations responsibilities
- Provide an operations perspective to programmatic decision-making
- Draft and finalize partner agreements
- Document procedures for new initiatives as they develop
Tools and Processes
- Serve as the administrator for Salesforce database
- Maintain and improve digital information storage systems
- Scan the environment for applications that could improve NAS operations, programs, marketing, and business development activities
- Champion information technology ideas within the NAS team
- Research, recommend and integrate appropriate software applications into daily operations
- Maintain working knowledge of issues/trends related to project management and customer relationship management
- Maintain tech budget
- Support the development of funding proposals and reports in concert with the senior team
- Coordinate the training and management of the database tools necessary to support success
This position requires, at a minimum, the following qualifications and personal qualities:
- 3 years experience managing projects
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Track record of being detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent project management skills working with cross-functional teams
- Comfort with and interest in information technology and its uses in operations
- Proficiency in Salesforce and similar CRM applications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE AND BENEFITS
Each staff member is expected to be a standout colleague, self-motivated, and committed to an atmosphere of respectful, honest, and open communication. The work environment is one of high energy, high activity, and mutual support. NAS provides opportunities for learning and professional development, and a gratifying work experience.
The starting salary for this position is $40,000 per year. Benefits include health insurance and retirement benefits, sick/vacation leave, ongoing professional development, and flexible work hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or health/disability status.
To apply: Please send in a single PDF labeled with your first and last name to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter explaining why you’re interested in this job
- A one-page resume listing relevant skills and experience
- A list of three references, complete with phone number and email address. References will not be contacted without your prior consent
Only complete applications will be reviewed. No phone calls, please. Only final candidates will be contacted. Deadline to apply: January 12, 2017.