Neptune Fine Art, Gallery Assistant (Part Time)
Posted: September 26, 2017 at 12:16 pm, Last Updated: September 26, 2017 at 4:44 pm
Fine Art Gallery specializing in Modern and Contemporary Art seeks experienced Fine Art Professional. Schedule Wednesdays – Fridays 12 – 7:00pm, occasional Saturdays or evenings as needed. Resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EXCELLENT knowledge of Photoshop and Microsoft Office.
- Fine art handling and installation
- Knowledge of Modern and Contemporary artists and mediums
- Strong writing and research skills
- Basic digital photography skills
- Professional phone manner
- Ability to discuss works of art with potential clients and public
- Sense of discretion and professionalism
WEBSITE MANAGEMENT-SQUARE SPACE
- Correspondence and telephone conversations with artists, dealers, galleries and general public
- Maintain artist, design, and photo files
- Conduct research on artists and exhibition-related subjects and ideas
- Compile and maintain various mailing, checklists, price guides, and labels.
- Prepare art for transport
- Photograph artwork using digital camera; manipulate images as needed in Photoshop
- Oversee mailings and press releases
- Assist in exhibition preparation (announcements, openings, installation, dismantling, etc).
- Light registrar duties such as cataloging new work, measuring, storing, etc.
- Weekly gallery cleaning, floors, and art.
- Special projects as needed
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE