New York Theatre Workshop – 2050 Administrative Fellowship
Posted: March 1, 2017 at 11:51 am
NYTW is launching the 2050 Administrative Fellowship this summer—a new program designed to provide first-rate instruction and mentorship to young professionals who are underrepresented in the field of theatre administration.
We seek applicants with a unique cultural perspective inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, physical ability and sexual orientation who are interested in working in an administrative capacity at a not-for-profit arts organization.
NYTW will accept up to twelve 2050 Administrative Fellows per season. These fellowships will entail a year-long commitment from July 2017 to June 2018.
2050 Administrative Fellows:
- Commit to a part-time paid fellowship (30hrs/week, Monday-Friday) in one the NYTW departments including artistic, casting, engagement, development, education, executive, finance/operations, literary, marketing, producing, and production management.
- Work directly with the department head and their team in the respective area of focus.
- Attend a three-day intensive seminar where you will be introduced to the field of arts administration, meet industry professionals, and begin to develop their fellowship goals and plans.
- Take on significant responsibilities in their department, including day-to-day tasks and long-term collaborative and individual projects.
- Participate in monthly seminar meetings to discuss their work, share ideas and receive specialized career-development training.
- Participate in brown bag lunches with members of the NYTW staff and invited guests and attend industry networking and social events.
- Present their work and experiences to staff and members of the NYTW extended community at an end-of-the-season fellows’ symposium.
For more information and to apply, students can visit https://www.nytw.org/education/2050-admin-fellowships
Deadline for applications is April 1st, 2017 by 5pm EST.
Inquiries may be sent to email@example.com. Application guidelines, fellowship descriptions, and frequently asked questions can also be found on our website