Northern Virginia Fine Arts Association, Membership Program Upgrade Internship
Posted: November 13, 2017 at 2:47 pm
The Northern Virginia Fine Arts Association (NVFAA) is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in all forms of art, and to establishing programs that will enrich the cultural life of Northern Virginia and the surrounding metropolitan area. The NVFAA’s mission is realized by featuring local and regional artists through visual and performing arts programming.
NVFAA programs are open to the public and include:
• Art exhibitions, lectures, and workshops featuring local and regional artists
• Performing arts events
• Yoga, ballet and other dance classes
• Literary, historical events, and culture related educational programming
Located in the heart of Old Town Alexandria, the NVFAA organization is unique in Alexandria in that it has a dual mission centered on contemporary visual and performing arts programming, and stewardship of the historic mid-19th century classical revival building named the Athenaeum. It is a great example of repurposing a historic building in order to preserve it and to allow the public to experience using it.
Through a combination of underwriting, grant seeking, and individual support, the NVFAA strives to make the arts accessible to all by offering free and low-cost programs. The NVFAA is committed to being open to the public free of charge four days per week totaling at least fifteen hours. Programming occurs throughout the year with visual art exhibitions featuring local and regional artists and curators, and a wide variety of performances and lectures including music, dance, poetry, storytelling, writing workshops and more.
Special Project, Upgrading Membership Program:
• Assist with upgrading the NVFAA membership program including researching and implementation of membership management software, and migration and management of membership databases
• Analyze and propose updates for distribution of information to current members as well as prospective members
• Analyze and propose processes and programs for membership cultivation and retention
• Development of a membership customer service manual or system to ensure members are satisfied
Day-to-day duties and tasks:
• Assist with staffing the Athenaeum Gallery
• Assist with Gallery administration including managing digital content
• No more than 25% clerical work
The ideal candidate will learn about all aspects of managing a membership program including software selection and database management as well as cultivation and retention of members.
Interns will gain experience in overall art gallery management.
Arts Management or arts-related majors preferred.
Computer applications experience necessary.
Please email resumes and cover letter to:
Northern Virginia Fine Arts Association