Old Town School of Folk Music (Chicago), Deputy Director
Posted: December 6, 2017 at 11:14 am
Our team from Koya Leadership Partners, led by Anne McCarthy, is delighted to lead the search for the first Deputy Director of the Old Town School of Folk Music. Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search firm that works exclusively with mission-driven clients.
About the Old Town School of Folk Music
The Old Town School of Folk Music is the largest community school of the arts in the United States. With an annual operating budget of $13M and almost 400 employees, the School is among the leading cultural organizations in Chicago with classes spanning an array of genres including Bluegrass, Blues, Celtic, Country & Traditional, Electric, Jazz, Middle Eastern and Pop & Rock, among others.
The Deputy Director Opportunity
The School’s Deputy Director is a dynamic leader, institutional innovator and key member of the senior executive team. S/he will directly oversee – and build strong connections between – all of the School’s arts education programs. This includes the oversight of:
* On-campus, tuition-based curricula at the Lincoln Square and Lincoln Park facilities;
* A major community collaboration on the South Side; and
* A range of in-school artist residency projects throughout the city.
The Deputy also supervises the Director of Education, the Director of Arts & Community Wellness, the Director of Artists in Schools and 300+ teaching artists.
This new position is charged with the following:
* Reimagining extensive arts education programs;
* Deeply engaging Chicago communities in arts participation;
* Designing partnerships with public schools, universities and a range of civic collaborators;
* Coordinating cross-pollination among the School’s numerous programs and administrative departments; and
* Advocating for the School and the arts in a variety of public settings.
Reporting to the Executive Director, and serving as the School’s chief executive in his absence, the Deputy Director is expected to significantly advance the School’s programs and profile as an important player within Chicago’s cultural ecology.
We are particularly interested in candidates with the following professional and personal qualities, skills and experience:
* An entrepreneurial, tactical and results-oriented leader with the ability to translate the School’s growth, expansion and development goals into clear objectives and plans;
* A charismatic leader who will serve as an ‘Ambassador’ for the School in partnership with the Executive Director;
* The ability to establish rapport and cultivate relationships across all levels of the organization and empower a diverse staff and external constituents to deliver results; and
* A sincere passion for the arts and an understanding of how they enhance a community and the lives of its citizens.
Additional information on the School and the role can be found here<https://koyapartners.com/search/deputy-director-2/>.
Potential candidates can express interest in the role by clicking here<https://koya.refineapp.com/jobPosting/apply/1815>.