Theater J, Marketing & Graphic Design Internship
Posted: September 5, 2017 at 4:05 pm
The Theater J Marketing/Graphic Design Internship is a project-oriented program allowing individuals to receive an in-depth view of the administrative and management side of a professional theater, most specifically in the areas of marketing and communications.
1) Support theater staff with the day to day administrative activities of a professional theater in the areas of marketing, communications, and, occasionally, general management and development.
2) Help identify, research and reach out to target markets for specific productions.
3) Using design templates, create customized flyers, ads, emails, social media and other publicity tools.
4) Assist in the distribution of marketing and publicity materials.
5) Support theater staff with research and implementation of new strategies and initiatives for marketing and communications.
6) Participate in weekly marketing and full staff meetings.
7) Support staff in the execution of special events at Theater J including opening nights, donor cultivation events, and the annual benefit.
8) Attend occasional rehearsals and performances of Theater J productions.
1) Having a working knowledge of theater making and practices.
2) Having strong written communications skills.
3) Being highly organized and detail oriented.
4) Being a self-starter and a team player.
5) Enjoying working in a fast paced environment.
6) Facility with Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel and Adobe Design Suite.
7) Having a sense of humor is a plus!
8) Possessing an interest in a career in theater administration.
This is a volunteer internship position. Housing is not provided. Accepted interns will work 16-20 hours per week. Current students and young professionals are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Theater J Director of Marketing and Communications Laurie Levy-Page, Laurie@theaterj.org.