The Washington Chorus, Marketing & Box Office Manager
Posted: September 11, 2017 at 2:48 pm
The Washington Chorus (TWC) seeks a full-time Marketing and Box Office Manager to manage marketing and communications, as well as oversee the box office for the Grammy Award-winning Washington Chorus. The successful candidate will be the voice of TWC, and will be a self-motivated and creative individual with proven marketing and communications experience. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for telling the story of TWC through the website, mobile and social media content, print marketing, video content, email marketing, web marketing, direct mail, press partners, and overseeing ticketing functions in the box office. A part-time ticketing box-office associate will report to this position. The overall strategic goal of the Marketing Manager is to increase and diversify TWC’s audience and patron base, and the weekly functions will consist of roughly 70% marketing and 30% box office work. TWC welcomes candidates of all backgrounds, races, religious affiliations, ages, sexual identities, physical abilities, etc. and is committed to inclusivity in the workplace.
- Create and execute season-long marketing plan to achieve subscription and single ticket sales goals
- Tell TWC’s story through all mediums such as video, text, photos and audience experiences
- Fluently manage social media marketing channels
- Manage traditional media channels such as print, radio and mailings
- Manage other digital marketing channels such as website, google adwords, and email (Mailchimp)
- Identify new marketing channels, interactive experiences and activities to increase audience
- Identify audience segments and manage all email/communications lists in Patron Manager (experience with Patron Manager strongly preferred)
- Collaborate as-needed with a contracted graphic designer to create content and place advertisements across all channels
- Create sales and promotions across all channels to maximize ticket revenue
- Track effectiveness of all marketing activities in relation to direct sales as well as awareness, and adjust marketing tactics accordingly
- Drive storytelling and content creation to engage audiences before, during, and after the concert performances
- Network with local businesses and partner organizations to increase cross-promotional activities
- Identify group sales opportunities
Box Office Responsibilities
- Oversee part-time box office assistant
- Ensure set-up of concerts and ticket fulfillment processes in the Patron Manager ticketing system
- Responsible for communication with concert venues (primarily Kennedy Center and Strathmore) on ticket holds, pricing, etc.
- Be available as needed for patron inquiries and ticket fulfillment during regular box office hours (10am-5pm)
- Coordinate all ticket consignment vendors such as Goldstar, TodayTix, etc.
- Manage hospitality will call table for all concert performances (occasional nights and weekends)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Master’s degree preferred
- At least 2 years of marketing or related experience
- Self-starter with an ability to look at the big picture
- Strong writing ability
- Experience with box office functions and systems required, preferably with Patron Manager
- Video experience strongly preferred
- Intuitive knowledge of social media platforms and best practices
- Ability to work creatively within a defined budget
- Familiarity with Google AdWords and Analytics a plus
- Graphic design a plus
- A “yes, and…” attitude
A three-time nominated and two-time Grammy Award winner, The Washington Chorus is a 200-voice mostly volunteer chorus with a professional core which presents an annual subscription series at The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, DC. TWC regularly performs at the invitation of the National Symphony Orchestra, and is frequently featured in other venues such as the Music Center at Strathmore in Maryland and Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts in Virginia.
Salary starts at $40,000; flexible leave policy; and health/dental benefits are provided.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and any marketing portfolio materials including design, writing samples, and accomplishments to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is October 1, 2017.