Wolf Trap, Assistant Director, Foundation Relations
Posted: November 30, 2017 at 12:45 pm
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts seeks an Assistant Director, Foundation Relations to oversee the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of private foundation, corporate foundation, and government agency support for Wolf Trap Foundation’s artistic and education programs. Responsibilities include working with Wolf Trap leadership and program staff to assess program needs and priorities to anticipate short and long-term organization funding needs; collaborating with program staff to identify programs that meet donor guidelines and requirements; developing and writing competitive, compelling funding proposals; compiling comprehensive program budgets and financial reports for current and prospective funders; identifying new potential funding sources and partnerships; and forging and maintaining meaningful relationships with current and prospective funders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In conjunction with Foundation staff, develop, manage and implement Foundation and Government agency fundraising goals and strategies.
- Develop annual solicitation and stewardship plan (including strategies, tasks, timelines and responsible parties) to achieve established goals.
- Develop and write competitive proposals and collateral materials to support solicitation of contributions for Wolf Trap education programs, the Wolf Trap Opera, Wolf Trap’s artistic initiatives, and other foundation priority activities/special projects.
- Develop project budgets and other financial information as needed to support proposals.
Cultivation and Stewardship:
- Cultivate and maintain positive and effective working relationships with current and potential funders, including government agency staff, foundation trustees and program officers.
- Conduct research to identify prospective contributors and to remain current on existing funders’ status.
- Monitor progress and evaluation of each funded project as appropriate. Write compelling, accurate and timely progress reports to funders as appropriate.
- Implement communication and administration of other cultivation and stewardship activities as appropriate, including site visits, meetings with program staff/leadership, donor recognition, invitations to events, and ticketing.
- Attend donor cultivation and stewardship events, as appropriate.
- In conjunction with Director, Leadership Giving, work with Wolf Trap Foundation leadership and program staff to assess program needs and priorities to anticipate short and long-term organization funding needs. Maintain effective working relationships with program staff.
- Work with Finance Department to ensure compliance with reporting guidelines and requirement. Develop and reconcile annual fiscal projections with monthly financial statements. Provide financial variance analysis as needed.
- Maintain comprehensive files including detailed records of relationships with Wolf Trap through hard copies and database records.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum six (6) years’ experience, including at least four (4) years development/fundraising experience with extensive and successful proposal writing
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding of nonprofit operations, including management, operations, and budgeting/financial functions
- Excellent organizational, communication, and customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively with staff across the organization
- Excellent writing skills. Ability to synthesize information into compelling proposal content
- Excellent attention to detail, prioritization and time management skills
- Must maintain professional demeanor and highest standards of integrity in all professional relationships
- Must be proficient in various computer software programs such as: Microsoft Office and database systems. The Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
- Some knowledge of performing arts industry, particularly as it relates to non-profits
- Sensitivity and commitment to the mission of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Qualified candidates can apply online at http://www.wolftrap.org/about/employment_opportunities.aspx
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.