Wolf Trap, Coordinator, Company Management – Opera & Classical Programming
Posted: February 26, 2018 at 11:15 am
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts seeks a Coordinator, Company Management to manage key elements of operations and artist services for Opera and Classical Programming. Responsibilities include overseeing travel and lodging arrangements for professional staff and visiting artists; reconciling, analyzing and reporting company financials; creating the structure of the annual WTO audition tour; and managing facility and calendar logistics. The Coordinator is a key member of the four-person Opera and Classical Programming year-round team, making strategic decisions on how best to align operational goals with the artistic vision and resources of the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage budget and schedule for, advance, and oversee VIP and industry colleague visits.
- Schedule and manage on-site auditions during summer opera season.
- Liaise with Box Office to manage artist and colleague ticket allocation and fulfillment.
- Within budget and staffing constraints, determine structure of and oversee artist services for Chamber Music Artistic Advisor, Filene Artist in Residence and other guest VIPs.
Lodging and Travel
- Conduct annual negotiations to determine best corporate and university housing options; analyze results and make recommendations to management.
- Provide oversight for all artist lodging and travel arrangements.
- Build and cultivate relationships with existing lodging and travel partners.
- Exercise independent judgment to establish, refine and execute overall timing and geographic structure for annual audition tour, including venue rentals, travel and lodging.
- Track and analyze financial statements and data.
- Exercise initiative in recommending optimal solutions for expense adjustments.
- Manage the budget reforecasting process.
- Process and reconcile department contracts, invoices, check requests and other expenses.
- Liaise with the Finance department to resolve any discrepancies quickly and accurately.
Schedule and Administration
- Provide onsite artistic duty at performances, rehearsals and events as needed.
- Create structure and supervise logistics for WTO seminars, training sessions, and audience education activities.
- Develop and manage year-round company macro schedules and space allocation usage, ensuring best use of time and space resources.
- Arrange for music and instrument rentals, deliveries and returns; provide pre-season assistance to Head of Music.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS/BM degree preferred
- 2-4 years’ experience in production and/or administration within a professional arts organization
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with and appreciation of opera
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, facility with spreadsheet development and database management
- Strong organizational skills, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to seek and synthesize information
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Facility with handling multiple projects and thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Disposition for working well on a team and dealing fluently with a wide variety of artists and colleagues
- Must possess a current driver’s license, a reliable vehicle, and ability to drive regionally to transport artists
- Ability to work evenings and weekends during summer opera season
- Sensitivity and commitment to the mission of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Qualified candidates can apply online at http://www.wolftrap.org/about/employment_opportunities.aspx
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.