Wolf Trap, Coordinator, Social Communications
Posted: November 13, 2017 at 12:45 pm
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts seeks a Coordinator, Social Communications to develop and implement social media strategies to support the overall mission of Wolf Trap. Responsibilities include creating and curating content that is meaningful, builds community, and promotes interest in Wolf Trap’s performances and events. As the in-house social media expert, this position also develops and advises management and staff across the organization on social media best practices, makes strategic decisions regarding how to grow Wolf Trap’s social media presence in furtherance of organizational objectives, and builds relationships with artists, online fan-bases and Wolf Trap supporters through social media engagement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Channel and Community Management
- Cultivate an ever-growing, engaged online community of Wolf Trap supporters. Facilitate conversations between patrons and the organization.
- Manage social channels (currently Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and SnapChat), staying apprised of the latest trends and changes that may impact channel performance, and making strategic decisions to address same.
- Ensure that the design and look/feel of channels are up-to-date and reflect the Wolf Trap brand.
- Advise management on development of social channels, recommending technology updates and new platforms when appropriate.
Social Content Creation and Curation
- Exercise initiative and independent judgment to create, curate, and manage all social media content.
- Craft timely, relevant content that engages Wolf Trap audiences and is aligned to the Foundation’s objectives. Content may include status updates, events, tweets, blog posts, photos, videos, memes, graphics, polls, contests, etc.
- Ensure a steady flow of visual content, including photos and videos. Collaborate with in-house graphic designers to ensure that visuals align with the Foundation’s look/feel.
- Develop performance-specific content. Connect with artists’ social properties and online fan-base to increase awareness of upcoming Wolf Trap performances.
- Develop and deploy social media tactics to engage and amplify the impact of live audiences during Wolf Trap performances. Attend select performances to create and curate content.
- Working with various Foundation teams, implement partner activation campaigns and activities via social channels.
- Coordinate organization-wide editorial calendar, with a focus on content for social channels.
- Collaborate with Development, Special Events, Education, Production & Programming, as well as other departments to identify opportunities to promote Wolf Trap activities via social media.
- Develop and promote social media best practices within the organization. Advise staff of ways to maximize social channels to meet Wolf Trap’s strategic goals. Train others on using social media platforms effectively.
- Contribute to development of photo and video library, collaborating with Communications & Marketing Coordinators and Creative Team to ensure an organized, accessible set of assets to populate social channels.
Monitoring and Analysis
- Measure, analyze, and report social media impact.
- Monitor Wolf Trap channels for patron trends and conversations. Refer patron concerns to relevant staff.
- Identify, report, and advise management on key metrics, as well as notable conversations and trends among patrons.Compile regular reports for management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Arts Management or related field preferred.
- 2-4 years professional experience, including experience cultivating online communities on behalf of a brand.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles and best practices of social media management.
- Demonstrated success in conceiving and deploying written and visual content to further organizational goals.
- Outstanding organization skills, as well as the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to write effectively across a variety of styles.
- Basic skills in visual communications, including the ability to create and manipulate basic graphic, photo, and video content for use in social media. Basic knowledge of Adobe Suite and Final Cut is helpful but not required.
- Strong relationship-building skills. Ability to contribute to a cross-functional team, and to execute social communications in a collaborative manner.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, exercise independent discretion and initiative, and combine an attention to detail with broader strategic vision.
- Ability to work nights and weekends in support of select performances and events.
- Sensitivity and commitment to the mission of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts.
Qualified candidates can apply online at http://www.wolftrap.org/about/employment_opportunities.aspx
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.