Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts, Development Assistant
Posted: August 11, 2017 at 11:53 am
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts seeks a full-time, seasoned Assistant to provide administrative support for the Senior Director, Development and the Development department. Under the direct supervision of the Senior Director, the Assistant will implement administrative systems, procedures and policies, and monitor projects. Duties include scheduling, coordination of meetings, financial record keeping and payroll, ordering supplies, and working on special projects. The Assistant will work directly with a diverse group of external Board members, vendors, donors, and patrons and assemble highly confidential and sensitive information.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support for the Senior Director, Development
· Maintain calendar and schedule internal and external meetings, arrange room set-up catering, make reservations.
· Prepare and proofread correspondence, proposals, and collateral materials.
· Assist in creation of print and electronic (PowerPoint) presentations.
· Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Senior Director, Development.
General Office Management and Administrative Work
· Manage check and petty cash requests and bi-weekly absence report processes for the Department.
· Maintain electronic Development Office calendar, including Wolf Trap Foundation and Development staff and committee meetings, key appointments, staff absences, member benefits administration and mailings, and Foundation and/or Donor Special Events.
· Manage pick up, drop-off and distribution of mail for Development Department.
· Run and distribute financial reports to the team on a weekly basis and as needed.
· Organize and manage collateral materials (including long-term storage and inventory), general office files, and departmental supplies.
· Assist with mailing lists, prospect research, data queries, and other assignments as directed.
Donor Services and Communications
· Provide customer service to Wolf Trap Foundation donors and assist the Senior Director with Board of Directors relations, assisting in matters related to donations, ticketing, meetings, events, and membership benefits.
· Respond to requests for information from current and potential members, including producing response letters and follow-up packages.
· Coordinate materials pertinent to meetings, solicitations, cultivation events, and other activities.
· Provide on-site assistance at donor events as needed.
· Coordinate timelines and routing processes for donor recognition and communications pieces.
· Provide support for donor and prospect data entry, maintenance, and management as assigned, including but not limited to membership gift entry and donor recognition listings and acknowledgements.
Front Desk Coverage
· Serve as part of a pool of support staff to provide front desk coverage; welcome and assist all visitors to the Center for Education.
· Maintain security procedures by having all visitors sign in and issue volunteer visitor badges.
· Screen, route and respond to general phone inquiries.
· Accept packages and notify appropriate staff person or department; provide access to loading dock for deliveries.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred or four years of related experience
· Experience as a seasoned assistant, Board relations or non-profit organization experience preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point); familiarity with The Raiser’s Edge a plus
· Professional presence, excellent people and customer service skills; ability to exercise tact, courtesy and judgment in working with all levels of staff in a fast-paced environment
· Prior experience working with high level executives and community leaders in a most professional manner
· Self-starter, and team player with effective problem solving skills; experience with and ability to anticipate and execute on needs of leadership
· Outstanding time management skills, with evidence of overseeing, prioritizing and executing multiple deadlines on a regular basis
· Highly organized; strong attention to detail
· Strong written and oral communication skills and etiquette
· Ability to maintain confidentiality to sensitive matters
· Sensitivity and commitment to the mission of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
To be considered, send cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to:
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Human Resources Department
1645 Trap Road, Vienna, VA 22182
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.