Wolf Trap Institute for Early Learning Through the Arts, Program Assistant
Posted: July 28, 2017 at 12:21 pm
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts seeks a full-time Program Assistant, National and Affiliate Services, Wolf Trap Institute for Early Learning Through the Arts to provide administrative support and coordination for programs and activities of the Wolf Trap Institute National and Affiliate Programs as well as support of Wolf Trap Institute’s professional learning website,education.wolftrap.org.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
National and Affiliate Programs Support
- Create and process teaching artist contracts.
- Collect, edit, and upload content to education.wolftrap.org. Complete minor website changes and serve as liaison to independent contractor for major updates and changes.
- Work with DC/MD/VA Program staff to create Education Services update for Foundation.
- Book travel arrangements.
- Support tracking and reporting for Residencies, Professional Development and Family Involvement Workshops for development and government relations purposes.
- Create and send confirmation documents for services.
- Update and organize Surveygizmo surveys.
- Gather, prepare, and organize materials for program events, conferences, and meetings.
- Represent Wolf Trap Institute with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Distribute and communicate program information and respond to telephone and written correspondence inquiries.
- Prepare check requests for signature and submission to Finance for processing.
- Schedule internal and external meetings, including contacting participants, making reservations, arranging room set-up (a/v, etc.), and menu selection.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Front Desk Coverage
- Serve as part of a pool of support staff to provide front desk coverage; welcome and assist all visitors to the Center for Education.
- Maintain security procedures by having all visitors sign in and issue volunteer visitor badges.
- Screen, route and respond to general phone inquiries.
- Accept packages and notify appropriate staff person or department; provide access to loading dock for deliveries.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years’ experience in an office environment, preferably with artists or teachers
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with processing and recording financial transactions (check requests, receipts, travel arrangements, payroll)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and database/website management
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks, and identify departmental needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sensitivity and commitment to the mission of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
To be considered, send cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to:
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.