Wolf Trap, Manager, Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods and Grants
Posted: January 24, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts seeks a Manager, Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods and Grants to program the Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods season and oversees all performance logistics. Manage the proposal implementation, review, and selection process for Grants for High School Performing Arts Teachers and serves as the point of contact for all grant recipients. Supports program implementation for other Education projects as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Program 35 performances for Wolf Trap Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods season by researching, identifying, and contacting potential artists and agents; attending site-visits and conferences; and negotiating artist fees within program budget.
- Generate and track offer letters, confirmations, and contracts for Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods artists.
- Serve as the point of contact for all Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods artists and agents in regards to contracts, merchandise, complimentary tickets, and payment.
- Foster industry knowledge and relationships by attending children’s performing arts conferences on behalf of the Foundation. Recommend and advise management on industry trends.
- Collaborate with the Communications and Marketing team to create and update all marketing materials for Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods.
- Manage the Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods budget.
- Reconcile all merchandise sales after each performance.
- Hire, train, and supervise the Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods Event Assistant each summer season. Oversee day of logistics at the theatre.
- Manage the Community Service Ticket Program.
Grants for High School Performing Arts Teachers
- Manage the proposal process for all counties by identifying individuals to serve on the panel, implementing and overseeing the online application and review process, and making final decisions regarding grant recipients.
- Create and present orientation sessions with all selected teachers.
- Devise and plan special events and performances highlighting the Grants program in conjunction with Education, Development and other Foundation departments.
- Collaborate with the Communications and Marketing team to create and update all materials for Grants.
- Update and maintain the Grants History database to include all information for projects and performances.
- Manage and recommend programmatic advances for Grants for High School Performing Arts Teachers Program.
- Create and manage the Grants budget.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA in performing arts, education, or related field
- 5-7 years’ progressive experience in arts education and program administration
- Direct experience in coordinating events for the general public.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication, and customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills, with evidence of overseeing, prioritizing, and executing multiple deadlines on a regular basis
- Willingness to travel and work nights/weekends
- Proficiency in computers and appropriate software, such as Microsoft Office programs, and relationship databases required; familiarity with The Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Sensitivity and commitment to the mission of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Qualified candidates can apply online at http://www.wolftrap.org/about/employment_opportunities.aspx
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.